Yoga For Beginners In Rishikesh, India
Join our one week residential Yoga Course in Rishikesh. Practice yoga postures specially designed for beginners and learn foundational yoga asanas. Build strength and confidence to take your yoga practice deeper.
You will learn pranayamas(breathing techniques) & Shatkarmas , asanas, Yoga Philosophy, meditation.The students are trained by our experienced teacher who has mastery in their respective subject. Our teachers are well known by their unique style. They have great respect among Indian as well as foreign students.
Any practitioner who want to elevate his yoga skills can continue their learning as Rishikesh Yog Van offers 100 hours yoga TTC, 200 hour TTC registered with Yoga Alliance USA.
Why should you join this course?
If you want some kind of refreshment/retreat then this one week yoga course is for you. You would feel physical and mental refreshment after this course.
If you haven’t join any yoga course so this program will improve your yoga knowledge.
After this course , you will be able to do self practice at home.
If you have done little practice but still confused about the right techniques , we will teach you the right techniques.
Comfortable , clean private room with attached toilet and bathroom.
Three satwic meals per day.This nutrious food make body and mind healthy.
CCTC monitoring , which gives 24/7 security.
Fast and free wifi which is helpful for study and other works.
Comfortable , clean private rooWe provide pick and drop facility with additional charge.
- What is hatha yoga and philosophy?
- History and origin of Yoga
- Patanjali's 8 Limbs of Yoga – Yamas , Nisyamas, Asanas,Pranayama , Pratyahara , Dharana , Dhyana , Saamadhi
- How do yogic practices like asana, shatkarmas affect our body? This will cover up in this session.
Cells & Tissues
- Muscular System : types of muscles, names of muscles, Effect of yogic practices on muscular system, awakening of muscles in different yoga postures, problems with stiff muscles, yoga postures to target specific muscles, active use of muscles for joints protection, yoga postures, and flexibility.
- Skeletal System : Bones in body , axial skeletal , appendicular skeletal , ligaments , tendons ,types of joints , structure of the joints , range of motion in the joints , problem with bad postures , stability of the joints in yoga postures , correct alignment of yoga postures , effect of yoga postures in vertebral column , problems with stiff spine , nourishment of intervertebral disc by yoga postures , reasons of shoulder pain knee pain button pain during the yoga class and its solutions.
- If anybody wants to be healthy and strong, practice asana every day.In this session, students will learn and practice various asanas. Also, teachers will explain benefits and contraindications of the asanas. Balancing postures
- Tadasana(Palm Tree Pose)
- Vrikshasana(Tree Pose)
- Utkatasana(Chair Pose)
- Garudhasan(Eagle Pose)
- Bakasana(Crane Pose)
- Kukkut Asana(Cockerel Pose)
- Sirsasana(Head Stand)
- Forward Bending Postures
- Padhasthasana(Head to Foot Pose)
- Parshvottanasana(Intense Side Stretch Pose)
- Paschimottanasana(Back Streaching Pose)
- Janu Shirshasana(Head to Kneee Pose)
- Backward Bending Postures
- Setubandh Asana(Bridge Pose)
- Bhujngasana(Cobra Pose)
- Dhanurasana(Bow Pose)
- Ardhmatsayendra Asana(Half Spinal Twisting Pose)
- Merudand Vakrasana(Spinal Twisting Pose)
- Other Postures
- Parvatasana(Mountain Pose)
- Virbhadrasana(Warrior Pose)
- Padmasana(Lotus Pose)
- Siddhasana(Accomplished Pose for Men)
- Every aspect of Yoga has that of power to experience you that height of Yoga. Ashtanga Vinyasa is one of the most profound practices in this present time because of Standing poses, Sitting poses, and Finishing sequence, flow & breathing techniques, it is the very popular style of Yoga. For the present generation's lifestyle, Ashtanga Vinyasa is the right practice because the sequence of Ashtanga Vinyasa designed in this way, when the practitioner practice deeply, he/she can experience bodylessness of Ashtanga. The intense Ashtanga Vinyasa is a dynamic of yoga synchronize the breath with progressive series of postures. It detoxifies your muscles and organs, improves blood circulation, increases your stamina, flexibility, strength & stability with a balanced mind. You will practice following sequences
- Surya Namaskar A
- Surya Namaskar B
- Padangusthasana (big toe pose)
- Trikonasana (triangle)
- Parsvottonasana (side intense stretch)
- Virabhadrasana I (warrior)
- UtthitaParsvakonasana (extended side angle)
- ParivrittaParsvakonasana (revolved side angle)
- ArdhaBaddha Padma Uttanasana (half bound lotus intense stretch)
- Dandasana (staff pose)
- Janu Sirsasana (head to knee pose)
- TriangaMukaikapadaPaschimottanasana (1 leg folded back, forward fold)
- Paschimottanasana (west intense stretch)
- Purvottasana (east intense stretch)
- ParipurnaNavasana (boat)
- Bhujapidasana (arm pressure poses)
- AdhoMukhaVrksasana (handstand)
- SuptaKurmasana (reclining tortoise)
- GarbhaPindasana (embryo in the womb)
- BaddhaKonasana (bound angle)
- UpavistaKonasana (wide angle seated forward fold)
- SuptaKonasana (reclining angle pose)
- SuptaPadangustasana (reclining big toe pose)
- UbhayaPadangustasana (both big toes pose)
- UrdvhaMukhaPaschimottanasana (upward facing paschimo)
- SetuBandhasana (bridge building pose)
- UrdvhaDhanurasana (upward bow)
- Paschimottanasana (intense stretch.)
- Savasana (corpse)
- Sirsasana (headstand)
- Balasana (child's pose)
- BaddhaPadmasana (bound lotus)
- Yogimudrasana (energetic lock or seal)
- SalambaSarvangasana (Shoulderstand)
- Halasana (plow)
- Karnapidasana (ear pressure)
- UrdvhaPadmasana (upward lotus)
- Pindasana in Sarvangasana (embryo)
- Matsyasana (fish.)
- UttanaPadasana (intense stretched feet or legs)
- Padmasana (lotus.)
- Tolasana (the uplifting - scales)
- Pranayamas are breathing processes, by practicing these pranas become subtle so there can be spiritual awakening.If we separate this word i.e. prana and ayama.The word "prana" means "vital energy" or "vital force" and "ayama" means "expansion".So pranayama means expansion of prana.But the other meaning of ayama is control.So here pranayama refers to the control of prana. You have seen many people who show different personalities.Some are big singers, some are big actors, some are the big politician.Some people are commanding and some are fascinating.The quantum of prana is different in everybody, the person gets success or failure because of the quantum of prana.So pranayamas directly effect this energy sheath. If there are blockages in this sheath, pranas can not enter in the next kosha i.e manomaya kosha. Students will learn the breathing techniques before practicing pranayamas. The following breathing techniques are preparatory techniques for pranayamas.
- Abdominal Breathing
- Throcic Breathig
- Clavicular Breathing
- Yogic Breathing
- Then sudents will learn the following pran
- Shatkrarmas consists six groups of cleansing practices so that one can purify one's body and mind.Here "Shat" means "six" and "Karma" means action.The aim of shatkarmas is to create harmony between two vital flows, Ida, and pingla, hence attaining mental and physical purification.The shatkarmas also balance the three doshas in the body i.e. Vata(wind), Pitta(bile), Kapha(mucus). If there is any imbalance of these doshas, diseases would be the result.Shatkarmas are practiced before pranayama in order to purify the body.If there are impurities in the body, these can obstruct the pranic flow as well. By practicing asana and shatkarmas, we can remove impurities from the annamaya kosha(food sheath).And if there are blockages in the annamaya kosha, pranas(vital energy) can not enter to next sheath i.e. pranamaya kosha(energy sheath).In the present time, most of the people have their awareness on the annamya kosha because of blockages in the annamaya kosha.So they only think about food and worldly desires. Students will practice :
- Jala Neti
- Sheetkram Kapalbhati
- In yoga, mudrās are hand gestures used in conjunction with pranayama (yogic breathing exercises), and are generally done while seated in Padmasana, Sukhasana or Vajrasana pose. Mudras act to stimulate different parts of the body involved with breathing and to affect the flow of energy in the body and even one's mood.
- Students will learn :
- Jnana Mudra
- Chin Mudra
- Bandha' (bond, arrest) is a term for the "body locks" in Hatha Yoga, treated under the heading of mudra. Mula Bandha, contraction of the perineum. Uddiyana bandha, contraction of the abdomen into the rib cage. Jalandhara Bandha, tucking the chin close to the chest. Student will practice :
- Mula Bandha
- Jalandhara Bandha
- Meditation means awareness. Whatever you do with awareness is meditation. "Watching your breath" is meditation; listening to the birds is meditation. As long as these activities are free from any other distraction to the mind, it is effective meditation.
|6:30 am - 7:30 am||Shatkarma / Pranayama|
|7:30 am – 9:00 am||Hatha Yoga|
|9:00 am – 10:00 am||Breakfast|
|11:00 am – 12:00 am||Yoga Anatomy|
|12:00 pm – 1:00 pm||Lunch|
|3:00 pm – 4:00 pm||Yoga Philosophy|
|4:30 pm – 6:00 pm||Ashthanga Yoga|
|6:00 pm – 7:00 pm||Meditation|
|7:30 pm – 8:30 pm||Dinner|
|8:30 pm- 9:00 pm||Mantra Chanting /Kirtan/Satsang|
|9:30 pm||Lights Off|
|Date||Course Fee||Booking Fee||Apply|
|1 Oct 2019 to 7 Oct 2019||$400||$70||Apply Now|
|8 Oct 2019 to 14 Oct 2019||$400||$70||Apply Now|
|15 Oct 2019 to 21 Oct 2019||$400||$70||Apply Now|
|22 Oct 2019 to 28 Oct 2019||$400||$70||Apply Now|
|1 Nov 2019 to 7 Nov 2019||$400||$70||Apply Now|
|8 Nov 2019 to 14 Nov 2019||$400||$70||Apply Now|
|15 Nov 2019 to 21 Nov 2019||$400||$70||Apply Now|
|22 Nov 2019 to 28 Nov 2019||$400||$70||Apply Now|
|1 Dec 2019 to 7 Dec 2019||$400||$70||Apply Now|
|8 Dec 2019 to 14 Dec 2019||$400||$70||Apply Now|
|15 Dec 2019 to 21 Dec 2019||$400||$70||Apply Now|
|22 Dec 2019 to 28 Dec 2019||$400||$70||Apply Now|
- Yoga Mat
- Yoga Cleansing Kit
- Pick up and drop in facility.But you will have pay extra for this.
- Guidance for local area visits.
- You will have to deposit your remaining course fee wihtin three days of arrival at the school.
- The booking amount for the course is non-refundable.
- All students should fulfill the registration formality, submit required information.
- Students should follow the rules and regulations of the school.You can be disqualified from the course at any if you break these rules.
- Silence should be maintained between 10 PM until the morning.
- All classes are mandatory to attend unless you are ill.
- Eating and drinking (anything other than water) is not allowed in the yoga halls.
- Use of electronic gadgets (i.e., mobile phones, laptops, tablets) during lectures is strictly prohibited.
- During asana practice leave all jewelry, books, extra clothing, book bags and purses in your room. Only yoga mat and water bottles permitted in yoga hall.