The residential 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Course at Rishikesh Yog Van registered with Yoga Alliance USA is for all kinds of people who are passionate about Yoga whether they are Yoga practitioners, singers, doctors, students, businessmen etc. The course content and teaching pattern has been designed in a way that anybody can learn it very easily.
If you want to choose yoga as a career, you are in right direction. After completion of the course, students will be able to share knowledge with their counterparts. There will be a makeover in their personality. And students will be confident and deliver in every field very efficiently. The blessing in disguise is that the students will get health benefit after completion of course.
What is yoga teacher training course?
The teacher training program is intended to improve yoga knowledge among the aspirants. In this 200 hour yoga TTC, students learn different yogic practices. There is common perception that asana is yoga but when a person joins this yoga teacher program , he/she gets to know that there is some deeper aspects of yoga which are needed to be learnt for clear understanding .The course has been divided into two categories i.e. theory sessions and practice sessions. Students practice these different yogic practices in different timing on daily basis. The duration of each has also been set. In theory session, students learn what are the benefits and contraindications of these yogic practices and how to do these affect the organs and body systems.
People from all corners of the world come to Rishikesh to join this course for different purposes. Few want to take a dip in yoga, few come only for understanding what the yoga all about is. Few are attracted to spirituality, few for health benefits, and few for practices. Few choose yoga as a career so they would have an extra edge over others.
Why should you join this 200 hours Yoga TTC in Rishikesh?
- In this 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Course(YTTC), you would learn different aspects of yoga like yoga philosophy, yoga anatomy, pranayamas (breathing techniques), shatkarmas(cleansing techniques), meditation etc.
- The experienced teachers tell you key points which improve your teaching skills.
- You will have good understanding of yoga, which would improve your teaching potential.
- This 200 hours Yoga Teacher training course would be helpful for your personal growth.
- Your mind and body start working in harmony.As a result, you can make a balance between your personal and professional life easily.
- There will be a transformation in yourself after this Yoga TTC Certification. And definitely, you would experience that in yourself.
- Impurities from your body and mind will be removed as a result you will get health benefits.
200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Syllabus
Hatha Yoga & Philosophy
- What is hatha yoga and philosophy?
- History and origin of Yoga
- Introduction to Hatha Yoga- Mudra, Bandha, Panch Koshas, Panch Vaayus
- Kundalini Yoga-Chakras,Nadis
- Mind-Thought Power
- Patanjali's 8 Limbs of Yoga – Yamas , Nisyamas, Asanas,Pranayama , Pratyahara , Dharana , Dhyana , Saamadhi
- Srimad Bhagavad-Gita – Gyan Yoga, Karma Yoga , Bhakti Yoga
- Six systems of Indian Philosophy –Shankhya,Pantajali Yog Sutra, Nyaya, Vaiseshik, mimansa,Vedanta
Human Anatomy and Physiology
How do yogic practices like asana, shatkarmas affect our body? This will cover up in this session.
Cells & Tissues
Muscular System : types of muscles, names of muscles, Effect of yogic practices on muscular system, awakening of muscles in different yoga postures, problems with stiff muscles, yoga postures to target specific muscles, active use of muscles for joints protection, yoga postures, and flexibility.
Skeletal System : Bones in body , axial skeletal , appendicular skeletal , ligaments , tendons ,types of joints , structure of the joints , range of motion in the joints , problem with bad postures , stability of the joints in yoga postures , correct alignment of yoga postures , effect of yoga postures in vertebral column , problems with stiff spine , nourishment of intervertebral disc by yoga postures , reasons of shoulder pain knee pain button pain during the yoga class and its solutions.
Respiratory System: regions of respiratory tract, types of breathing techniques, types of pranayamas , benefits and contraindications of pranayamas , effects of pranayamas , shatkarmas , asanas , meditation on respiratory system , importance of pranayamas in yoga , relationship between breathing pattern and mind, panch vayus(five vital energies) and pranayamas , five sheaths of energies and pranayamas.
Endocrine System : types of glands, gland’s locations, hormones secreted by glands and their functions, effect of asanas, pranayamas, shatkarmas on the endocrine system, the relationship between chakras(energy centers) and endocrine glands.
Digestive System: GI tract and their functions, digestion, absorption, elimination, the effect of asanas, pranayamas, shatkarmas and meditation on digestive system organs, yoga therapy for digestive system disorders.
Cardiovascular system : functioning of cardiovascular system , heart structure and function, blood and blood cells , effects of yogic practices on heart
- Outer Body Movement
- Physical Alignment/Energy Movement
- Teaching to What You Observe.
- Timing a Class
- Classroom Organization
- Health Concerns-Injured Students, Using Props, Specific Health Concerns
- Tone of Voice
- Posture Modification
- The Role of the Teacher
Shatkarma (Cleansing process)
Shatkrarmas consists six groups of cleansing practices so that one can purify one's body and mind.Here "Shat" means "six" and "Karma" means action.The aim of shatkarmas is to create harmony between two vital flows, Ida, and pingla, hence attaining mental and physical purification.The shatkarmas also balance the three doshas in the body i.e. Vata(wind), Pitta(bile), Kapha(mucus). If there is any imbalance of these doshas, diseases would be the result.Shatkarmas are practiced before pranayama in order to purify the body.If there are impurities in the body, these can obstruct the pranic flow as well. By practicing asana and shatkarmas, we can remove impurities from the annamaya kosha(food sheath).And if there are blockages in the annamaya kosha, pranas(vital energy) can not enter to next sheath i.e. pranamaya kosha(energy sheath).In the present time, most of the people have their awareness on the annamya kosha because of blockages in the annamaya kosha.So they only think about food and worldly desires.
Students will practice Jala Neti,Sutra Neti,Sheetkram Kapalbhati, Laghoo Snakhprachalana,Kunjal, Trataka during the course
Pranayamas are breathing processes, by practicing these pranas can be strengthened.If we separate this word i.e. prana and ayama.The word "prana" means "vital energy" or "vital force" and "ayama" means "expansion".So pranayama means expansion of prana.But the other meaning of ayama is control.So here pranayama refers to the control of prana. You have seen many people who show different personalities.Some are big singers, some are big actors, some are the big politician.Some people are commanding and some are fascinating.The quantum of prana is different in everybody, the person gets success or failure because of the quantum of prana.So pranayamas directly effect this energy sheath. If there are blockages in this sheath, pranas can not enter in the next kosha i.e manomaya kosha.
Students will learn the techniques of Kapalbhati, Nadi Sodhana, Sheetali, Sheetikari, Ujjayi, Bhramari, Surya Bhedi, Bhastrika pranayamas.
Mudra & Bandha(Seal Or Lock)
Jnana Mudra, Chin Mudra , Nasgra Mudra ,Shambhavi Mudra ,Jalandhara Bandha , Uddiyana Bandha , Mulabandha , Mahabandha
Meditation means awareness. Whatever you do with awareness is meditation. "Watching your breath" is meditation; listening to the birds is meditation. As long as these activities are free from any other distraction to the mind, it is effective meditation.
If anybody wants to be healthy and strong, practice asana every day.In this session, students will learn and practice various asanas. Also, teachers will explain benefits and contraindications of the asanas.We will teach two asana style i.e. hatha yoga and ashtanga yoga in two different sessions.
- Tadasana(Palm Tree Pose)
- Vrikshasana(Tree Pose)
- Utkatasana(Chair Pose)
- Garudhasan(Eagle Pose)
- Natarajasan(Shiva Pose)
- Bakasana(Crane Pose)
- Hand Stand
- Kukkut Asana(Cockerel Pose)
- Mayurasana(Peacock Pose)
- Sirsasana(Head Stand)
- Sarvangasana(Shoulderstand Pose)
Forward Bending Postures
- Padhasthasana(Head to Foot Pose)
- Padangusthasana(Head to toe Pose)
- Parshvottanasana(Intense Side Stretch Pose)
- Paschimottanasana(Back Streaching Pose)
- Janu Shirshasana(Head to Kneee Pose)
- Bhu Naman Asana(Earth Bow Pose)
- Halasana(Plough Pose)
Backward Bending Postures
- Setubandh Asana(Bridge Pose)
- Ushtrasana(Camel Pose)
- Chakrasana(Wheel Pose)
- Bhujngasana(Cobra Pose)
- Dhanurasana(Bow Pose)
- Salabhasana(Loctus Pose)
- Parivartita Trikonasana(Revolved Triangel Pose)
- Ardhmatsayendra Asana(Half Spinal Twisting Pose)
- Merudand Vakrasana(Spinal Twisting Pose)
- Parvatasana(Mountain Pose)
- Hanuman Asana(Leg Splitting Pose)
- Virbhadrasana(Warrior Pose)
- Padmasana(Lotus Pose)
- Gomukhasana(Cow's Face Pose)
- Matsayasana(Fish Pose)
- Siddhasana(Accomplished Pose for Men)
There will be a written test after completion of the course. Students will have to secure minimum passing marks so that they will be able to receive 200-hour TTC certificate.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Rishikesh – 2018 Schedule
|1st of Jan 2018 to 28th of Jan 2018||$1200 (USD)||Booking Closed|
|1st of Feb 2018 to 28th of Feb 2018||$1200 (USD)||Booking Open|
|1st of Mar 2018 to 28th of Mar 2018||$1200 (USD)||Booking Open|
|1st of Apr 2018 to 28th of Apr 2018||$1200 (USD)||Booking Open|
|1st of May 2018 to 28th of May 2018||$1200 (USD)||Booking Open|
|1st of Jun 2018 to 28th of Jun 2018||$1200 (USD)||Booking Open|
|1st of Jul 2018 to 28th of Jul 2018||$1200 (USD)||Booking Open|
|1st of Aug 2018 to 28th of Aug 2018||$1200 (USD)||Booking Open|
|1st of Sep 2018 to 28th of Sep 2018||$1200 (USD)||Booking Open|
|6:00 am- 6:30 am||Shatkarma|
|6:30 am –7:30 am||Pranayama|
|7:30 am – 9:00 am||Hatha Yoga Asana|
|9:00 am – 10:00 am||Breakfast|
|11:00 am – 12:00 am||Human Anatomy & Physiology|
|12:00 pm – 1:00 pm||Lunch|
|3:00 pm – 4:00 pm||Yoga Philosophy|
|4:30 pm – 6:00 pm||Ashthanga Yoga Asana|
|6:00 pm – 7:00 pm||Meditation|
|7:30 pm – 8:30 pm||Dinner|
|8:30 pm- 9:00 pm||Mantra Chanting /Kirtan/Satsang|
|9:30 pm||Lights off|
- A private room with attached bathroom
- 24 hourWifi availability
- 3 times vegetarian food daily
- Every Sunday , We arrange a trip for spiritual places.
- Neti Pot
- Standardized Rishikesh Yog Van handouts
- Yoga Alliance Registered Certificate
- Breaking the rules and regulations.
- Smoking and alcohol are not permitted.
- The activity which disturbs the other mates.
For securing seat, applicants are required to deposit an amount of $150(USD).The Fee deposited once is non-refundable. So we recommend, complete your obligations if any before joining this course.
We also provide pick and drop facility , you will have pay for this accordingly.